Front Office Football Nine
This document serves as the manual for Front Office Football Nine. It's an agreement between the developer, Solecismic Software, and its customers.
In Front Office Football, you play the role of your favorite team's general manager. You determine your team's future through trading with opponents, negotiating contracts, bidding for free agents and building through the annual amateur draft.
You can also play the role of the armchair coach, setting game plans and depth charts, or even calling each play from an extensive playbook.
You can determine ticket prices and submit stadium construction plans for public approval. You can even move your team if the public won't properly support your franchise.
This manual has the following major sections:
- Getting Started: How to begin a new Front Office Football Nine universe.
- Interface: How to navigate the game's interface.
- League Screens: Leading to functions related to the entire league.
- Almanac Screens: A wealth of statistical information and record-keeping from your league.
- Team Screens: Leading to functions related to your team.
- Game Functions: Control over the simulation itself. The game progresses through stages as you simulate days.
- Gamebook Screens: A detailed look at each game, statistics, play-by-play, a full recap with play diagrams.
- Game Preview Screens: A set of screens providing a full scouting assessment for an upcoming game.
- Player Cards: Information about an individual player, including statistics, a game log and contract status.
- Timeline: A description of the game's yearly timeline and what you can do to manage your team.
- Game Settings: Settings affecting AI control of your franchise and some simulation elements.
- Playbook: Details about the offensive playbook for your team.
- Offensive Play: Creating a play for your offense.
- Offensive Game Planning: Details about setting up an offensive game plan.
- Defensive Game Planning: Details about setting up a defensive game plan.
- Game Plan Settings: Details about miscellaneous game plan settings.
- Offensive Philosophy: An overview of the offensive philosophy in Front Office Football.
- Defensive Philosophy: An overview of the defensive philosophy in Front Office Football.
- Scouting Combine: The annual Scouting Combine.
- Salary Cap: An overview of the league's salary cap and player contracts.